AI for Information Security call for proposals - Spring 2022
Advancing cybersecurity with AI
About this CFP
AWS is committed to helping you achieve the highest levels of security in the cloud. Our security services use cutting edge machine learning algorithms to improve the security posture of AWS accounts. We aim to continue advancing the state of the art in some of the most challenging problems in information security. We are seeking to fund machine learning research on the following topics in information security:
- Threat, intrusion and anomaly detection for cloud security
- ML for malware analysis and detection
- Finding security vulnerabilities using ML
- Protecting and preserving data privacy in the cloud
- Learning with limited/noisy labels and weakly supervised learning
- Causal inference for information security
- Graph modeling and anomaly detection on graphs
- Zero/One-shot learning for information security
Submission period: June 3 - July 8, 2022
Decision letters will be sent out December 2022
Selected Principal Investigators (PIs) may receive the following:
- Unrestricted funds, no more than $80,000 USD
- AWS Promotional Credits, no more than $20,000 USD
- Training resources, including AWS tutorials and hands-on sessions with Amazon scientists and engineers
Awards are structured as one-year unrestricted gifts. The budget should include a list of expected costs specified in USD, and should not include administrative overhead costs. The final award amount will be determined by the awards panel.
Please refer to the ARA Program rules on the FAQ page.
Proposals should be prepared according to the proposal template.
PIs should either include plans for open source contributions or state that they do not plan to make any open source contributions (data or code) under the proposed effort.
ARA will make the funding decisions based on the potential impact to the research community and quality of the scientific content.
Expectations from recipients
To the extent deemed reasonable, Award recipients should acknowledge the support from ARA. Award recipients will inform ARA of publications, presentations, code and data releases, blogs/social media posts, and other speaking engagements referencing the results of the supported research or the Award. Award recipients are expected to provide updates and feedback to ARA via surveys or reports on the status of their research. Award recipients will have an opportunity to work with ARA on an informational statement about the awarded project that may be used to generate visibility for their institutions and ARA.