What do students gain by participating in the SURE program?
- Access to research, world class faculty mentors, and industry mentors
- Excellent university research lab facilities
- Exposure to end-to-end industry innovation process
- Exposure to cutting-edge research and design learning experiences
- Soft-skills development to complement your technical abilities
- Collaborative setting with other summer research program participants
- A summer at a top-tier university with exposure to many cultural and social opportunities
- Experience for future graduate school enrollment, or opportunities in industry
What involvement does Amazon have in this program?
In addition to funding this initiative, Amazon helps to shape the curriculum to provide industry- relevant materials for students. Students will also be hosted at an Amazon site for a portion of the internship. We encourage students to apply to interview at Amazon after completing the SURE program.
What additional engagement will SURE students have with each other and Amazon after program completion?
After completing the SURE program, students are encouraged to apply to Amazon graduate programs (e.g. internships, fellowships, etc.) and university graduate programs. Additionally, the SURE program's cohort style allows students to build long-lasting relationships with fellow participants, faculty, and Amazonians.
Who is allowed to participate in the program?
SURE is an undergraduate research program for students from historically underrepresented communities who are interested in pursing a career in engineering and/or computer science. Students from the U.S. are encouraged to apply, especially from HBCUs and MSIs.
How do students apply for the SURE program?
Students can apply to the SURE program through the host university’s application page. Each university partner manages their own application process.
How much are SURE students paid for this internship?
Students participating in SURE are paid a weekly stipend for the length of the program. Travel, housing, and meal plans are also fully paid for by the program.